ArtCrank Poster



I ride my bike almost every day to the house to the studio then back home again. That's about 8 miles one way, so throw in some errands and rides with friends, I can easily cover 100 miles in a week. Its time I enjoy seeing the weather change, watch Austin being built up around me, getting some sun on my face, keeping the blood moving and spending some moments thinking about work, life, friends and what the day ahead might look like.

When I heard that ArtCrank was coming to Austin - I hoped to be included. For those who might not know what they do, ArtCrank is an organization of bicycle-inspired poster artwork that introduces people to talented local artists and sends them home with affordable, original works of art. Every ARTCRANK show features posters created by local artists from the host city. Admission is always free, and posters are priced to let everybody take home at least one.

I encourage you to get on your bike, even for an hour, or a day, on a single errand or a treck across town, if not for your health, sanity or personal constitution, but maybe to have a beer with me in May - or on Friday - the ArtCrank opening is Feb 24 at the Pine Street Station. Come on out and buy some artwork!

Woodman on the photos.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a great experience enjoying some of these rides with you the past few years. Nothing else like it. Thanks for the constant inspiration. Was great collaborating with you once again.

    Also thanks for saving the ecology of our planet one pedal at a time.

    One Pedal at a time!

    Woody

    ReplyDelete